Spread bet company WorldSpreads is expected to see heavy investments start to pay off
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 October 2011 15:16 Written by Will Peters Tuesday, 04 October 2011 15:11A new equity note released by equity research house, Edison, has shown that WorldSpreads is set to benefit from investments that have led to well-flagged losses.
One of the UKs more prominent spread betting companies, WorldSpreads Group plc, is tipped to start seeing the benefits of the heavy investments it has made into its business over the past two years.
Edison Investment Research have cited heavy investment into marketing, new partnerships and back-office infrastructure is being key to further growth.
However, analysts note that what will be working against the spread bet company is the observation that the traditional spread betting customer base is fickle and that competition remains intense in an internet-delivered market.
What will help WorldSpreads is structural growth in the overall spread betting market. It is believed that the company holds sway over 3% of a market that is famously dominated by IG Index, but as the overall market grows so will revenues realised by IG Index.
In addition to this organic growth, WorldSpreads has pro-actively sought market share growth through:
- Opening international offices. A physical site is seen as important to run seminars, meet clients and give customers confidence in depositing money.
- An aggressive marketing campaign with targeted zero spread offering and cash back.
- An enhanced customer proposition with upgraded technology
"We do not believe that WS is unique in these initiatives, but the revenue, trading and account growth reported in the results to March 2011 would suggest progress is being made. The low current market share (c 3% in UK) and international growth give considerable upside potential," says the Edison report.
Comparing Spread Betting: List of Spread Bet Companies
Click here for The List of UK Spread Betting Companies
Comparing The Best Spread Betting Companies for....
Latest on Comparing Spread Betting
- Financial Spread Betting (Short term) Economic Indicator Watch
- A Comparing Spread Betting Forex Focus: Australian dollar / New Zealand dollar exchange rate 'flapping higher'
- The Comparing Spread Betting market outlook: More rangebound trading say analysts at KBC Markets
- Comparing spread betting: EUR-USD in relief bounce higher, yesterday sees 'temporary buying and selling waves'
- Comparing spread betting today: "Abandon hope, all ye who enter the markets this morning"
Spread Betting Industry News
- Spread betting today: WorldSpreads clients get closer to compensation, IG Group director snaps up shares
- Spread betting disasters: Spreadex and the Icarus of the London property market
- Latest news on WorldSpreads: Were 'zero spreads' behind demise? Simon Cawkwell really should have seen this coming!
- WorldsSpreads: Clients should get refund, staff have lost their jobs, no sale of the client list expected
Comparing Spread Betting Feature: Spread betting company WorldSpreads fails
Keep up to date with this story on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/spreadbettingme
Comparing Spread Betting: Featured
- I only make money with the IT Finance Advanced Charts - the new IG stuff is garbage! More...
- New charts are an absolute disgrace! More...
- ^^^^ This X 100, looking for a new provider now More...
- If is very hard for a spread betting company to make just from the spread or order flow, the profit is in market making or running a book. For example if the net client base has a short view on the Do... More...
- So far I have found the new charts pretty dreadful to use. Even basic things like fitting trendlines and Fib levels can be a pain and take a number of attempts to get them positioned correctly. I use ... More...
- Claire - you are right. We have completely edited the CMC Markets list out ! We will be on to it. - Ed More...